Charter Desk New Year’s Day Tournament – January 1st
- The Charter Desk is hosting their annual New Year’s Day Tournament!
- First Saturday of Every Month.
Rock and Reel Tournament – June 13th, 14th & 15th
- The Hawaii Big Game Fishing Club invites you to come join the fun and excitement of our 12th Annual Rock ‘n Reel Hawaiian Open!
Kona Kick Off – June 28th & 29th
- The Tournament that kicks it all off. Local Style. Largest flag fish of each category splits purse.
29th Annual Blue Marlin World Cup Tournament – July 4th
- The “World Cup” is truly the only worldwide tournament of its kind. Each July 4, teams fish for 8 hours in their time zone to see who can catch the largest blue marlin over 500 pounds. Winner takes all. There is no second place. The World Cup supports game fishing though its support of the IGFA and The Billfish Foundation. http://www.bluemarlinworldcup.com/
Firecracker Open – July 5th, 6th & 7th
- Kona’s signature “Big Game” Tournament that scores ahi and marlin points for the base purse. Optional categories for the largest marlin and ahi of each day and of the two day tournament.
Marlin Magic Lure Tournament – July 8th & 9th
Skins Marlin Derby – July 11th, 12th, 13th, & 14th
- The most unique Big Marlin competition in the world! Patterned after the golf format, the base purse is available each fishing day to the largest marlin weighing 500 lbs or more. If no one catches a marlin of that size, the day’s purse rolls over and is added to the next day’s purse.
Throw Down – July 15th, 16th, 17th
- The Single Largest Marlin of the Tournament will be Winner Take All the purse from the Base Entry division. Entry fee to be posted soon.
54th Annual Hawaiian International Billfish Tournament – July 26th – August 2nd
- Five days of tournament fishing July 26th – August 2nd. Anglers and teams are invited to apply early as full tournament participation is anticipated. Log onto http://www.hibtfishing.com/ for details.
Big Island Marlin Tournament – August 8th, 9th & 10th
- The event that started it all off in 1986. The BIMT was the very first high stakes, big game tournament in Hawaii to pay a cash purse for tag and release. The base entry pays the top three largest marlin. Optionals pay most points and largest marlin per day.
Veterans Helping Veterans – August 29th, 30th & 31st
September Challenge – September 12th, 13th & 14th
- Designed with input from the top skippers of 2010, minimum size fish is 400 lbs and 1st Place takes 70% of the base purse.
Feel free to contact me about availability and information about these events.